I'm a graduate student and currently work as a research assistant at the Scientific Computing and Imaging Institute at the University of Utah.
- PhD in Computing : School of Computing, University of Utah (Fall 2015 - Present)
- MSc in Applied Mathematics : School of Mathematics, University of Manchester, UK (September 2013 - October 2014)
- Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) : Fergusson College, University of Pune, India. (Jun 2004 - October 2007)
I'm a certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM) and also hope to earn the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation soon.
From 2007 and 2013, I worked in the finance industry. First as an independent financial trader and investment advisor and then as a quantitative analyst for a small hedge fund.
My research interests include topological and geometric data analysis, probabilstic modeling and machine learning.
Currently, I'm working on applications in medical image analysis and particularly in the study of autism.
The data comes from structural and functional MRIs of the brain. I work on problems related to :
- Modeling data as networks or simplicial complexes - objects that capture relationships between data points
- Extracting geometric and topological features from these objects
- Learning from these properties using statistical analysis and machine learning techniques
|Spring 2017 :||CS 6170 : Computational Topology (Teaching assistant)|
|Fall 2016 :||CS 6210 : Advanced Scientific Computing I (Teaching assistant)|
PreprintsTowards Spectral Sparsification of Simplicial Complexes Based on Generalized Effective Resistance.
Braxton Osting, Sourabh Palande and Bei Wang.
Manuscript , 2017.
arXiv Version: arXiv:1708.08436
Conference PapersRevisiting Abnormalities in Brain Network Architecture Underlying Autism Using Topology-Inspired Statistical Inference.
Sourabh Palande, Vipin Jose, Brandon Zielinski, Jeffrey Anderson, P. Thomas Fletcher and Bei Wang.
International Workshop on Connectomics in NeuroImaging (CNI) at MICCAI, 2017.
Kernel Partial Least Squares Regression for Relating Functional Brain Network Topology to Clinical Measures of Behavior.
Eleanor Wong, Sourabh Palande, Bei Wang, Brandon Zielinski, Jeffrey Anderson and P. Thomas Fletcher.
International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI) , 2016.
Poster presented at TGDA@OSU